Okay, I won’t waste time and jump to the new things. Please be notified that I will focus on the new features in area of development. for all new stuff in Windows Phone Mango update please check this informative video.
- Background processing: apps will be able to run in the background with some restrictions. app will be restricted to use 10% of the CPU power and just 5MB of RAM. Also for people who would like to design mobile social hub, you will be enable to make your app in the background runs every 30 min for 15 sec to sync data.
- New profiler and emulator: more enhanced emulator performance and debugging experience.
- Use of Silverlight + XNA together: in the same app.
- Silverlight 4
- IE9 web browser control: hardware acceleration for blazing web browsing experience on the phone.
- Live Tile enhancements: you can update your tile info, graphs locally without the need for a remote service or internet connectivity.
- Additional sensors: direct camera access, compass & gyro
- Fast application switching: switching between open 3rd party apps is now available.
- Networking / sockets for communications: yes you can now open ports and start communicate!
- Local SQL database: for those who wanted to CRUD structured data locally on phone, yes this day comes true.
- Access to calendar and contacts for apps: in the last version you had Phone Number Choose, that enable you to pick a phone number for a contact. now you can select whatever the info or data your want about the contact. and about the calender, yes this is sweet!